As we head towards the New Forest Marathon 2018 we will update this page with the latest information once confirmed. In the meantime should you have any questions regarding the event you can get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving Back to the Community:
If you are a sporting group/youth group who would like to get involved and benefit from the New Forest Marathon Community Fund please get in contact. The New Forest Marathon Community Fund has supported over 20 local groups helping hundred of people from the local area to become active.
In 2018 the New Forest Marathon Community Fund has the kind support of ABP Southampton who will be match funding the amount raised in the fund; for every £1 we raise, ABP Southampton will also donate £1. This will make a really positive difference to the area and we look forward to sharing this with you.
If anyone needs to contact a member of the New Forest Marathon Team for emergencies on Race Day Sunday September 9th 2018 a dedicated RESIDENTS HOTLINE* number is displayed below and will be directly through to the Race Control hub. This central hub will include Race Director, Raynet (Communications), Road Traffic Control, GBEMS Medical, Social Media, Hampshire Search and Rescue, Head Marshal and support team to log activity to ensure a smooth operation and clear communication to resolve any issues that could occur.
Tel: 07496 756775*
Maintaining support of local residents and businesses is an absolute priority. The marathon has always been a welcomed event in the forest, and we want to keep it that way. It is a privilege to be able to use the area to stage such a wonderful event and you, as residents play a large part in that.
Get in touch
If you would like to get in touch for whatever reason you can do so via the residents hotline or through the following channels:
The following steps will be taken to ensure residents can be proud of the event.
- Clear communication. This will be achieved through:
- This dedicated section on the website with up-to-date information for residents
- Meetings before and after the event with local councils and all key groups
- Clear information in press, parish publications about the event
- Clear signage before the event
- Clear itinerary with early start
- All information mirrored across social media
- Use of professional experienced marshals including a dedicated head marshal to minimise delays and maximise traffic flow, whilst maintaining a professional safe regulated event
- Prioritisation of New Forest Marathon Community Fund grants to local community groups that have helped volunteer at the event.
- A commitment from marshals to ensure the forest and villages are respected and left as they are found, with marshals dedicated to ensuring this happens
- A hotline number in case of emergency on the day.
- A thank you in the local press
We would like to thank the residents of Brockenhurst and Sway for their support and patience during this period. We hope you agree this is a fantastic showcase for the New Forest.